Wednesday, August 25, 2010

NOT Going with the Flow(player) Yet

Okay, corny title.

I'm having the Worst time trying to figure out how to link in an FLV video with Flowplayer.  I'm all but at my wit's end.  I suspect I suddenly lost the ability to see or read, for the examples I'm finding in the documentation don't match that in the code, and neither version seems to work with my video file.  Maybe I'll have something better tomorrow, but what I have now is:
/usr/bin/mencoder -msglevel all=-1 mf://@/tmp/list \
    -mf type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv -of lavf \
    -ffourcc FLV1 -o /var/www/html/timelapse-2010-0825.h.flv 
Then I link it into the given example code with a:
[a href="/timelapse-2010-0825.h.flv"
 style="display:block;width:635px;height:360px"
 id="player"]
[/a]
Substitute in the symbols above that the editor here is completely hosing, and then guess what happens.

You're right! Nothing! No fun. I've tried putting it in the style section, in that 'a' section there, as they show, and anything else I could think of (which wasn't much since I know nothing about FLVs, SWFs, embedding, streaming or the Flowplayer in general.

I think I'm doomed, but I'll start in again tomorrow.